Translate

Friday, April 20, 2018

While Others May Sleep . . . .






~ ॐ ~ 💙~ ॐ ~



While others may sleep
Seek holy sanctuary
Night sky is vaulted temple.



~ ॐ ~💙 ~ ॐ ~




I am so fortunate to have been able to retreat to the hills and make this quiet location ‘home’.
You – the healing arts family, who still work the long and grinding hours doing good and helping the people – thank you so much for all you do. I see your sacrifice. I see the holidays you spend making it a bit easier and more cheerful for those in hospital beds while your children sit home and wait for your return. I see you rising at 4am so you can have an hour of quiet and then from 5 to 6am prepare for your day and your children’s day. I see you leaving the house at 6am when it is still dark, so you can ‘hit the ground running’ at 7am on the floor. I see the days you have not completed your charting in the 12.5 hours allotted to you and so work overtime. I see you on shift work and not adjusting to working nights. So going days on little or no sleep, so the people who come to you receive the care they need. I see you eating only what can be thrown in the microwave as you do not have the energy to stand on your feet 5 more minutes to prepare a meal for yourself. I see your children either fending for themselves or having someone else care for them and cook for them. Then, I see you sitting for nightly prayer and meditation and falling asleep instead. Then feeling guilty the next morning that you did not give the Creator of the Universe 5 minutes.
Here is the truth. Though dedicated meditation and prayer time is important, you are not remembering how many times you stood next to a suffering person and as you laid your hands on them to care for them you also sent up a prayer for them. You are not remembering how you did not eat lunch, you did not take your breaks because there were too many sick people crying out for your care. You are not remembering the time you were driving and you witnessed a car accident and pulled over to help – without a second thought – you set aside your ‘plans’ so you could care for the stranger who was in trouble – and you probably never told them your name but got back in your car when the ambulance arrived after you gave the Paramedic ‘report’.
I pray that you – the healers - be given the time and fortitude to breathe in the holy night sanctuary and be recharged. With gratitude for all you give – I pray you be given alert and peaceful time in the dark of the night to touch the hem of the robe.


~ ॐ ~ 💙~ ॐ ~



Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’
“Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

Matthew 25: 34-40

~ ॐ ~ 💙~ ॐ ~



“If you work with the consciousness that you are doing it to please God, that activity unites you with Him. Therefore, do not imagine that you can find God only in meditation. Both meditation and right activity are essential, as the Bhagavad Gita teaches. If you think of God while you perform your duties in this world, you will be mentally united with Him.”
Paramahansa Yogananda




~ ॐ ~ 💙~ ॐ ~


I do not know the photographer of this starrie sky image
 

~ ॐ ~ 💙~ ॐ ~





No comments:

Post a Comment