Translate

Monday, April 23, 2018

Hummingbird Envoys

☀️ 🌸 ☀️ 🌺 ☀️ 🌸 
Humming and calling -
Happy blur - crisscrosses land.
Love’s winged envoys.

☀️ 🌸 ☀️ 🌺 ☀️ 🌸 

The hummingbirds on my land are sorta kinda like dogs.
When it is meal time for Lola and Wincicila (my puppy girls) and I am putting their food in their dishes, they run in circles around my feet for a bit and then stand in the place where they know I will put the food down. The hummers on my land will do the same. Humming away they will hover near me as I refill their food bottle. They are watching in happy anticipation for the nectar to come.
Sometimes the hummers have startled me as they dive at me – humming away – checking me out. It has become rather common and so I startle less often which is good as my startle response usually then scares the little hummers away. On numerous occasions the hummingbird has flown into my home. (In general, birds tend to fly into my home – perhaps many people have this situation though I am not sure.) But I will tell you, when a hummer flies in she is a bit more difficult to encourage out than other birds.
My daughter Crystal once had a hummer fly into her open and upturned palm and she felt it was her gramma Witherington visiting. Starr feels they ‘hang out’ around her and come with communication from gramma.
My mother always loved the hummingbirds. So much so that more than 20 years after her crossing her granddaughters and I still associate the hummingbird with her.
Early morning and just before sunset the little hummingbirds become especially active. I so enjoy going into my back yard – or on my back deck and hanging out with the winged ones - Right now, there is a red throated male and his companion who are spending a lot of time on the land.
I am thinking, my mom would really enjoy this land.
I am thinking, my mom is enjoying this land and the little hummers and other creatures who frequent this sacred space.
Love comes on little hummingbird wings. Who would think something so tiny could bring so much. 

 
☀️ 🌸 ☀️ 🌺 ☀️ 🌸 



☀️ 🌸 ☀️ 🌺 ☀️ 🌸 


Hummingbird image – artist Jody Bergsma

https://www.facebook.com/Bergsma.TV/ 
☀️ 🌸 ☀️ 🌺 ☀️


No comments:

Post a Comment