Translate

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Time

i do not know the source of this image
⌛️ 🌀 🌀 ⌛️ 🌀 🌀
Without clock or watch
The sun as guidepost to day.
Less worry, more peace.

⌛️ 🌀 🌀 ⌛️ 🌀 🌀 

One of the blessings of being retired to the stage of ‘the forest dweller’ is less time sensitive agreements. Whereas I have 3 clocks in my home, they are only important related to outside commitments. None are set up to ‘alarm’ at any time.
The clock in my bedroom is a ‘Zen clock’. If I were to ever need a wake up, it could wake me with 30 minutes of quiet sounds (nature to soft melody options) and increasing light to emulate the day. However, as one who tends to wake before the sun (between 4am and 530am) I tend to not need assist even when there is a commitment outside the home at least so far as 'waking'. i do use watch set up with reminders during day - - however - - how delightful are the days when there are no reminders and i can just move through my day at speed set by inner promptings.
During the many years I worked as a Registered Nurse – I would set alarm – however – I generally woke long before the alarm. Most alarms are discordant and thus disconcerting. They are not the way to start a day and so I learned to wake before the alarm most of the time, saving myself from discord.
Humans have tracked time with obelisk/sun, water, candle, time-stick, and mercury. All this before the 11th century when Iran created the water clock utilizing gears and weights. Then, in the 14th century came the wheel mechanism clock in Europe. However – the biggest change of all came with pocket watches in the 17th century.
With the pocket watch we became obsessed with time commitments.
I do not want to throw the baby out with the proverbial bathwater. Time commitments have a place. However, less might be a good thing for our overall health – at least on days sans the ‘work week’ commitments. Potential for an increase in peace when guided by inner rather than outer promptings is a possibility.
Maybe  timepiece free days regularly would be good. Maybe. 


⌛️ 🌀 🌀 ⌛️ 🌀 🌀 


No comments:

Post a Comment