Translate

Sunday, May 27, 2018

May 24, 2018 Imagination - Or Something More

⭐️๐ŸŒบ⭐️๐ŸŒผ⭐️๐ŸŒธ
Imagination -

Or perhaps, it’s something more.

Realities shift.

⭐️๐ŸŒบ⭐️๐ŸŒผ⭐️๐ŸŒธ

I like books. I have many of them. It is common for me to be actively reading 3 or 4 or 5 at a time. However, books and intellectual study can only take us so far. So, after a bit of reading at night, I will close the book and mark my place with a bit of leaf or flower. Then grabbing a wool blanket off the couch near where I was reading, I go and stand on the back porch to clear my head of all the muddle of ideas. Standing there for a long time, I can see the lights of the city below winking out one by one. Now, wrapping myself in the wool blanket and snuggling in my recliner, I close my eyes and listen. First I hear the rustle of leaves moved by the breeze, then I hear a lone dog’s bark answered by others further and yet further away. After a time, I find myself making practical use of all those books. I begin to stack them in stair steps climbing into the night sky. It seems there are thousands upon thousands of books and in stacking they reach all the way to the stars. As I build the steps, I also I climb them, higher and higher like a spiral staircase. Now I can hear the star song. I am so close to one of the sparkling celestial bodies. The song of this star teaches me directly more about being ‘a star’ than a book could ever teach me. I had no idea before. With gratitude, I thank the star for her song and for her teaching. Hearing a dog bark near by, I realize my feet are cold and it is time to go inside. Rising from the recliner and wrapping the blanket ever more tightly around myself, it seems there is something I should remember. Leaves rustle nearby, moved by a gentle breeze. Something about a stair suspended in the heavens created from countless books, dances at the edge of consciousness. Something about a star’s very personal song just to and just for me, flits across my mind and I can almost hear the song. What a lovely thought.
 
⭐️๐ŸŒบ⭐️๐ŸŒผ⭐️๐ŸŒธ 

this image above has a website listed as source. i have not been to the website ... i just found the image on a search engine. 
the image below - I do not have the source

⭐️๐ŸŒบ⭐️๐ŸŒผ⭐️๐ŸŒธ 
⭐️๐ŸŒบ⭐️๐ŸŒผ
๐ŸŒธ

No comments:

Post a Comment