Translate

Thursday, May 3, 2018

CROW and Community

i do not know the source of this image
🌿 🍄 🌿 🍄
In community -
Heart rests easy and peaceful.
Love is on all sides.

🌿 🍄 🌿 🍄 



When I see a solitary classic bird of prey (such as red-tail hawk) in the sky I tend to also look for the mate. Somehow, I am concerned when they do not have a partner – a mate. This mate is their only support and I feel they are emotionally if not physically vulnerable without mate. There is nothing wrong with the lifestyle of the red-tail and it is not the lifestyle I would choose at this time.
At this point in time, I am more inclined to choose the community life.
When I see a more community-based bird such as crow, I do not have the same concern. I know crow has the support needed. I know there are many looking out for crow in time of adversity.
I have a good history with crow. We respect one another. We have sometimes talked with one another and helped one another. When I first moved into the canyon I did not see crow. I had thought that maybe they did not come to this area high above Santa Barbara. As of late, I have seen them in the skies above the canyon. This pleases me.
In about 2014, I had an experience which clearly showed me how they care for one another. I was driving down a tree lined section of Arena Street in El Segundo when I spied a crow lying in the road. I pulled over the car and got out to have a look. I could see, crow was alive but having a hard time. I did not want to leave crow in the middle of the road to be run over as I was not sure what was wrong. Was he stunned and would recover? I was not sure. I carried him to the side of the road and sat with him. As I sat with him, I became aware his family was in the sky above, circling and calling out. I could not see them well except for a glimpse now and again as the tree cover over the street was so dense. They called with concern for their family member. Within about five minutes, it became clear crow was likely mortally wounded. The signs of decline were manifesting. I did not want to leave him to die alone, so I sat with him. The entire time, his family in the air was circling and calling to him, so he knew they had not deserted him. Then, when he took his last breath, his family circled a few more times, called out one last time and then flew on. They were satisfied. They had held vigil until he made the journey. They had all taken care of the one. Crow has a good community.
I feel respect for crow. Crow is intelligent and intuitive. The crow maintains connection with family and supports family. 


There is a time to live/be the solitary.
There is the time to live/be with mate.
There is time to live/be in community.
Sometimes these lifestyles overlap.
Sometimes not. 

Drawn now to the crow. 
Grateful for lessons in community. 

🌿 🍄 🌿 🍄 
photo from Dou Dou Studio

🌿 🍄 🌿 🍄

No comments:

Post a Comment