Translate

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

July 11, 2018 For Love of Hafiz


☀️🌸🌸🌸☀️
Through Shiraz, we run-
Hafiz laughing, I keep pace -
All the way to God.
☀️🌸🌸🌸☀️

Over and over I return to Hafiz. His love, his joy is catching. If I read his words long enough, i begin to see him as he tears down the streets of Shiraz and without hope of redemption or any chance of maintaining any restraint of dignified demeanor I tear after him. 

☀️🌸🌸🌸☀️

Here a taste of Hafiz:
☀️ A Potted Plant ☀️

I pull a sun from my coin purse each day.

And at night I let my pet the moon
Run freely into the sky meadow.

If I whistled,
She would turn her head and look at me.

If I then waved my arms,
She would come back wagging a marvelous tail
Of stars.

There are always a few men like me
In this world

Who are house-sitting for God.
We share His royal duties:

I water each day a favorite potted plant
Of His--
This earth.

Ask the Friend for love.
Ask Him again.

For I have learned that every heart will get
What it prays for
Most.

☀️From: 'The Subject Tonight Is Love'
Translated by Daniel Ladinsky 

☀️🌸🌸🌸☀️

A view of the interior of Nasir ol Molk Mosque located in Shiraz
☀️🌸 Attribution: Ayyoubsabawiki ☀️🌸

☀️🌸🌸🌸☀️xx
“Once a young woman asked me, “How does it feel to be a man?”
And I replied,

“My dear, I am not so sure.”
Then she said,
“Well, aren’t you a man?”
And this time I replied,
“I view gender
As a beautiful animal
That people often take for a walk on a leash
And might try to enter in some odd contest
To try to win prizes.
“My dear,
A better question for Hafiz
Would have been,
“How does it feel to be a heart?”
For all I know is
Love,
And I find my heart
Infinite
And
Everywhere!” HAFIZ



☀️🌸🌸🌸

























☀️🌸🌸🌸











☀️

No comments:

Post a Comment