Translate

Monday, July 23, 2018

July 9, 2018 It is OK to Hiss

🐾🌲🐾🌴🐾🌲🐾
Passing thru the gate
Much bustling on the outside.
Inside, solitude.

🐾🌲🐾🌴🐾🌲🐾

When I moved to Mission Canyon I built a fence around my property. The primary purpose was to keep my grand-children safe as there is a drop-off into the canyon at the bottom of the property. The secondary purpose is to keep my doggie girls from wandering too far. I purposely made the fence low enough that critters can easily jump and or climb over the fence. (I have seen deer in my yard numerous times since it was built so I know I have succeeded.) As an after-thought I put up a ‘Beware of The Dog’ sign. I have no deep-seated concern related to human’s coming on the land without permission. Add to this, the greatest risk from my dogs to those entering is actually excessive licking and playful jumping. (Okay, Wincicila does bark at strangers but she has never bitten anyone.)
However, I guess this sign is a ‘sorta-kinda hiss’.

🐾 It is okay to protect yourself. 

🌲 It is okay to back off from the busy 
and demanding encounters 
and seek solitude and quiet.

🐾 Even the warrior needs rest and relaxation.

🐾🌲🐾🌴🐾🌲🐾

There is a much-told tale in India, also recounted by Paramahansa Yogananda in Autobiography of a Yogi. It is a story of a snake who lived in field and was a terror to the villagers until he was transformed by an encounter with a saint. After meeting the saint, the snake determined to not terrorize and bite the villagers ever again. When the saint visited the village some time later he found the snake in poor state of health from the abuse by the villagers. The saint told the much-injured snake, “I told you not to bite – but – you can hiss.”

🐾🌲🐾🌴🐾🌲🐾

Photo I took of the gate at the bottom of my land near the drop off to The Mission Canyon
🐾🌲🐾🌴🐾🌲🐾


No comments:

Post a Comment