Translate

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

June 29, 2018 SINGING IN THE LIGHT


💚💚💚💚
Little fireflies -
Singing light from the darkness
Soldiers of the love.

💚💚💚💚

My neighbor caught me yesterday morning – singing to my compost. She had thought I was singing to my vegetable garden. I think she was a little surprised that I was singing to the compost. I do sing to the garden every day, but truth is, I sing with and to most everything in my life --- when I think I am alone.
When my daughters were still young ones, and in the house, I know I was singing back then, as I remember my daughter Starr asking me to not sing so loudly early in the morning. (whoops, sorry kid). She also asked me on more than one occasion, “How do you always wake up so happy?”
Ruminating now, it is true, I tend to wake up happy. However, nowadays a bit after waking, I will begin to think about all the sadness and deep suffering in our world at this time. In the quiet time before the sun rises when peace is powerful and the Mother’s compassion palpable it seems prayers are heard and the response is assurance; “goodness will prevail”. As the day wears on, it is tougher to hold on the knowing. Even though assurance has been given that we will ultimately pass through this harsh time, sometimes the weight is so very heavy. I do not know how long the darkness will appear to be winning. I do know that no matter how hopeless it may look on the surface we will be victorious.
We were born at this time with the intention to carry the light forward. We knew what we were getting into.

With gratitude for family of heart who will not compromise on their ideals, but face into the storm, holding the light aloft as we sing our song of love to The Mother and all her children.

💚💚💚💚
Lovely firefly painting by Deda Happel – Light of the Koi Moon
💚💚💚


💚

No comments:

Post a Comment